Academic Integrity (ORAI)
Honor and academic integrity are integral parts of the MDCU Research Affairs ethos. From top leadership to junior researchers, ethical conduct in all aspects of the research process, especially in reporting results and writing manuscripts, is expected from everyone. We are an institution that leads the country as well as the rest of the region in anti-plagiarism initiatives to promote standards of the highest level.
The Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University has appointed the Committee of Research and Academic Integrity (ORAI) to review research and its publishing to follow ethics and moral issues. The major responsibilities of the board involved:
1. To promote awareness and ethics for doing research and publishing of the research or academic work
2. To receive and review complaints of misconduct or publishing of academic work or research related to:
- Emulating the works
- Modified / forging data
- Conflicts of the authorship
- Duplication of published works
- Other matters deemed appropriate by the Dean of the case
3. If the complaints determined grounded, the committee to investigate and report to the Dean.
To submit complaints, please send in sealed envelope to:
Committee of ORAI, Office of Research Affairs
Ananthamahidol Building, 3rd Floor
For information, please contact M.D. Kittisak Kulvichit
Tel: 081 633 9490
We are active in creating awareness of plagiarism in the academic and professional workplace. A series of seminars are scheduled throughout the year to define and clarify any misunderstandings that could lead to future violations.
For activity schedules, please contact:
Office of Research Affairs, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University
Anantamahidol Building, 3rd floor, Henri Dunant Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 0 2256 4455 / 0 2256 4466 / 0 2254 2931